Friday, January 1, 2010

Polar Bear Plunge

My brother Luke has a tradition of assigning his family animal counterparts. He and I are camels, my brother Ben is a hippo, my sister-in-law Adele is a duck and Christian is a polar bear. Well, Christian took his animal assignment literally this morning as he participated in the Resolution 5K Run and Polar Bear Dip. The event entailed a run on New Year's Day morning followed by a plunge into the 42 degree Lake Washington water! Must be his impending fatherhood that got into him. I was very proud though.

4 comments:

  1. Christian I don't know if I should be proud of you or ask you WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! You are one brave dude. Jess I'm so impressed with you being able to add video's and pictures to your blog. My cousins and I have a blog and I'm still working out how to line up my pictures right. Well it looks like you two got 2010 off to a good start. Love Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job videoing and figuring out this blog! Hilarious pre race interview, the Kenyan scouts...ha! I need a wife to video tape me...:( Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian are you friggin mad? I would use the other word but I know this is a family blog. I'm jealous I wish I could do it. I'll do a cold bath instead. Auntie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously would have considered flying across the country just to see this in person

    ReplyDelete